Can I get a job searching Visa?

I'm an American. I worked as a native English teacher at an English academy for a year in Korea and my visa expires on November 8th.

Now I signed a contract to start a native English teacher at another academy in March of 23.

The academy says you can get a visa in March.

Then, can I not extend my visa or exchange it with a d10 visa after November 8th?

Is it possible to enter the U.S. without a visa for three months?


1. If you currently have an E-2 (conversation map) visa and your stay is 2022.11.8, it is judged that you can change to a general job visa (D-10-1).

2. Those with experience in foreign professional jobs who are eligible to stay from E1 to E7 (including E-2) can apply for a general job visa (D-10-1) if their labor contract expires or their employment activities are terminated for other legitimate reasons.

(*However, those who violate domestic laws, such as the Immigration Control Act, or those who have stayed for at least six months as a job search qualification (D-10) within one year of the date of application)

3. Preparatory documents include a job search plan and documents proving that employment contracts are possible without leaving Korea.

For more information, please refer to

Han Sung-rae, CEO of the Kenotarius Administration Office

Han Sung-rae, visa expert

Han Sung-rae, visa expert

K-Notarius Administrative Office
Room 301, 3F, 118-1, Mareunnae-ro, Ojang-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul